Recipe by Deborah1
I was searching today for squash/zucchini recipes and couldn't find one that I wasn't missing a crucial ingredient for, so I made this up instead. My husband said this is a keeper, better write it down. The cooking time is for "al dente" texture. If you like your vegetables softer, cook a little longer.
- 1 large zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium sweet onion, quartered and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 3 plum tomatoes or 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and coarse chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place zucchini, yellow squash, and onion in a 9 x 13 pan.
- (I use a disposable one.) Drizzle the olive oil and squeeze the lemon juice over the vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to coat the vegetables with the seasonings and oil/juice.
- (I use my clean hands, takes about 5 seconds.) Sprinkle the chopped tomatoes on top.
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.