Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm bored with all the usual zucchini recipes, you know, with parmesan, pancakes, etc., so I decided to experiment a little. This is a great fast and easy side dish for any dinner. You must use oil packed tomatoes or you won't have the flavor.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, coarsly chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Cut zucchini into 1/2 inch rounds, then cut each round into quarters (you should have about 2 cups).
- Melt butter in nonstick pan and add zucchini.
- Saute zucchini, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and continue to saute, stirring often, for about 2 more minutes.
- Toss with salt and serve.
Had to try this since I had some leftover fresh zucchini and always have sun dried tomatoes on hand. I decided to try it over pasta by adding some more olive oil. That was a yummy dinner! Thanks for the recipe.
My boyfriend and I devoured this! It was delicious and simple to make. Next time I will probably double the recipe and try it over pasta. Thank you for sharing!
I had this over pasta with some extra olive oil and with parmesan on top. It was a very nice, quick meal. Thanks for posting!