Recipe by Chippie1
Total preparation time includes the 20 minute soaking time for the tomatoes. This comes from The Encyclopedia of Italian Dishes and absolutely wonderful. I planted zucchini this year in the garden and it's so plentiful, I have to come up with different ways to prepare it.
Top Review by red_baron
Very very nice, simple sophistication -I would certainly serve this to guests. I did however adapt it just for me. Sitting here wanting a little bit of an in between meal filler, I had one 7-8 inch zucchini. I used 1 good sized dried-tomato piece, sliced it and cut the slices in half and enough onion and garlic to suit my taste. A shake of parmesean and....delightful! I'd be inclined to take off half a star for the work involved in chopping enough for 4-6 people, but the recipe is perfect!
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, drained if packed in oil
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, large and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lbs zucchini, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the tomatoes into thin strips.
- Place in a bowl with warm water.
- Allow to stand 20 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and stir in the onion.
- Cook over low to moderate heat until it softens but does not brown.
- Stir in the garlic& zucchini.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their soaking liquid.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Raise heat slightly and cook until the zucchini is just tender.
- Serve hot or cold.