Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great side dish to compliment almost any meal. For the salsa I used mild.
- 6 zucchini, small (sliced)
- 1 purple onion (cut into wedges)
- 16 ounces salsa, jarred
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Over medium heat melt the butter and oil in a large skillet and add the onions and sauté until tender, add garlic and cook stirring for about another minute.
- Add wine, zucchini, salt, pepper and ground ginger stir to combine and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring until zucchini begins to soften.
- Place a cover on the skillet, and continue cooking over medium low heat until just tender, but still a little crunchy (usually about 15-20 minutes) stir occasionally. Add salsa and honey during the last few minutes, stir to combine and continue cooking until salsa has heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Great side dish, We enjoyed this and it was quick and easy too! Good luck in the contest.
This was a great vege side that really was easy to prepare and tasty. Such a simple dish that was enjoyed by all my family tonight. 5 stars for a quick and easy recipe. This is one of those really easy recipes that I will make again and again as a regular side to our family night dinners. Photo also to be posted. Good luck in the Dining in a $ contest
Oh wow, this dish was so good! I made it as instructed but followed Leggy Peggy's suggestion to add the salsa while it was cooking. I also used 3 large zucchini that I cut into quarters to fit into my pan. Halfway through cooking I tasted the "broth" and wound up adding more ginger and honey and it couldn't have been more delicious! My husband raved and raved the entire way through dinner about how good it was. Thank you for posting! It is going into our weekly rotation file.