- 4 medium zucchini, cut into small sticks (Julienned)
- salt & pepper, to tate
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 2 cups basil leaves, tightly packed
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt the zuke in a colander and allow to drain for 20 minutes.
- Saute the zuke for 2 minutes.
- Pesto sauce: Put the basil,garlic and nuts in a food processor and pulverize the leaves.
- Add Oil and blend together.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Refrigerate the sauce until ready for use.
- Add the pesto sauce to the sauted zucchini.
- Season with salt& pepper and toss well to mix.