Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can never have too many zucchini recipes. This can be served as a meatless main dish or as a hearty side dish.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fusilli or 1 (12 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 3 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water to desired doneness, drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic and zucchini until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in pasta and cheese.
This made for a light last minute dinner. I made as directed but added some crushed red pepper flakes and topped with some extra parmesan. Thanks for sharing :)
oh, my! One of my favorites in the summer when my garden is bursting. I usually make this with 1 (12oz) package of angelhair pasta and substitute the cans of tomatoes for 1 cup of milk to make a nice creamy dinner. Definately a must try!