Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄2 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic gently for 3-5 minutes, until softened but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until reduced.
- Stir the zucchini into the sauce, cover tightly and cook for 10-15 minutes, until they are tender.
- Stir in the basil and season to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.
So easy my husband made it! This recipe is great, and the basil and garlic really make a difference. We use this as a BBQ side dish, or just as a healthy snack while we're watching a video. Sesame seeds sprinkled on top look great for summer lunches with friends.
We really liked this recipe. Reheats very well and is just a great little side dish. Very easy to put together on a weeknight.
Absolutely delicious. Lovely and simple way to cook zucchini. Easy to follow recipe with on hand ingredients.