Recipe by Philreb Wright
This recipe came from the Food Network website. I've tried it with a variety of fresh herbs, including oregano, basil and thyme, with good results. It may seem like a lot of herbs when you first add them, but they cook down. I serve with grilled chicken and tomato salsa with pita bread.
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch slices.
- Add oil, garlic, and zucchini to pan and saute 7 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally with a firm shake of the skillet, until zucchini are just tender.
- Add mint, parsley, salt, and pepper, and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and serve.