Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted in answer to a recipe request by Friedel. This is from the May 2002 issue of Food & Wine.
Make and share this Zucchini with Mint recipe from Food.com.
- 7 lbs zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped mint
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat 2 large roasting pans in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the zucchini with the olive oil and crushed red pepper.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread the zucchini on the hot pans and roast for 30 minutes without stirring, until the rounds are tender and their bottom are golden.
- Transfer to a platter, garnish with mint and serve.
Very tasty! I made this for a gaming gathering party at my house, and it went *quick*.
I had to make a veggie dish for a sit down family gathering of 15, so I just halved this recipe and it worked out so well. It tastes great, a real unusual combination of flavors for me, with the mint and the crushed red peppers, but I and everyone loved it! I added some yellow squash to the mix, because I had some on hand.