In 'The Simpler the Better' by Leslie Revsin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub zucchini well with vegetable brush; dry on paper towels.
- 2Trim and discard ends.
- 3Cut each in half lengthwise.
- 4Cut each half into 1-inch thick diagonal pieces.
- 5Thinly slice garlic lengthwise.
- 6Heat large skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
- 7Add zucchini to fit in 1 layer and brown lightly, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- 8Stir in garlic and cook until just begins to turn gold, 30-60 seconds.
- 9Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook until zucchini is tender and water evaporated, 4-5 minutes.
- 10Remove skillet from heat.
- 11Stir in lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature, stirring in parsley just before serving.
- 13**Note--if the water has boiled off before the zucchini are tender, add a few more tablespoons and continue to cook; if there is water left when the zucchini are tender, remove the zucchini from the pan and cook it away, then return the zucchini and stir in the lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g