Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
In 'The Simpler the Better' by Leslie Revsin
- 1 lb zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Scrub zucchini well with vegetable brush; dry on paper towels.
- Trim and discard ends.
- Cut each in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half into 1-inch thick diagonal pieces.
- Thinly slice garlic lengthwise.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add zucchini to fit in 1 layer and brown lightly, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook until just begins to turn gold, 30-60 seconds.
- Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook until zucchini is tender and water evaporated, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, stirring in parsley just before serving.
- **Note--if the water has boiled off before the zucchini are tender, add a few more tablespoons and continue to cook; if there is water left when the zucchini are tender, remove the zucchini from the pan and cook it away, then return the zucchini and stir in the lemon juice.