Recipe by Leslie in Texas
Another use for the summer abundance of zucchini! This goes together quickly and is delicious! Originally from the May 1979 issue of Bon Apetit.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 small zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into sticks about 1 1/2 inches long
- 2 large onions, minced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream (I've used the fat-free half and half)
- 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked al dente (bow tie pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- additional freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large non-aluminum skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and sauté quickly until golden.
- Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion and sauté until golden; add garlic and sauté an additional minute.
- Stir in cream, increase heat and boil until sauce is reduced by one-third.
- Add pasta, zucchini,the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and toss thoroughly until heated through.
- Serve immediately with additional parmesan cheese.