1/4 Photos of Zucchini With Chickpea and Mushroom Stuffing
This is a recipe I found on allrecipes and tweaked it a little. The zucchini are hollowed out and filled with sauteed onions, mushrooms, zucchini, lemon juice, herbs and spices. Very healthy and tasty recipe! If you aren't concerned about fat content, top them with shredded cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a shallow baking dish.
- 2Scoop out the flesh of the zucchini; chop the flesh and set aside. Place the shells in the prepared baking dish.
- 3Rinse and drain the can of chick peas. Take half the chick peas and use a hand held blender to puree them.
- 4Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions for 5 minutes, then add garlic and saute 2 minutes more. Stir in chopped zucchini and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes. Stir in coriander, cumin, chick peas (whole and pureed), lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into zucchini shells.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until zucchini are tender. If desired, top with shredded cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini With Chickpea and Mushroom Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 349.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 9.3 g