Recipe by ~Bliss~
This tastes like pizza!! It comes from McCall's Cooking School cookbook and it's delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease an 8x8x2" baking dish with solid vegetable shortening or butter. Using a stiff brush, scrub zucchini well under cold running water. Trim off nd discard stem ends; cut zucchini crosswise into 1/4" thick slices.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour with 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, 1/2 teaspoons of the dried oregano leaves and 1/8 teaspoons of the pepper. Add zucchini slices and toss thoroughly to coat all sides with the seasoned flour mixture.
- Place olive oil in a large, heavy skillet and heat over moderately high heat until very hot. Add zucchini, a few slices at a time, in a single layer. Saute for about 4 min., or until well browned. Turn slices over and brown second side.
- As zucchini slices are done, remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining slices until all are browned. Arrange slices in the prepared baking dish; top with tomato slices. At this point you may cover and chill casserole until ready to bake.
- Thoroughly blend with a wire whisk or small spoon sour cream, 1 teaspoons of the salt, 1 teaspoons of the oregano leaves and 1/8 teaspoons pepper in a small bowl. Spread this cream mixture evenly over zucchini and tomato slices in casserole. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Put zucchini casserole on the center rack in oven and bake for 30-35 minute or until cheese is melted and lightly browned and the zucchini and tomatoes are tender. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.