Recipe by nvermd
From BHG magazine
Top Review by KateL
4 Stars, the zucchini and bell peppers cooked to perfection, and the balsamic vinaigrette was not overly sweet. The chopped basil was brown at the edges from my chopping, but I like fresh basil taste as an accent. I use salad dressings sparingly, so I had twice as much vinaigrette as needed. Made 1/2 recipe in an 8x8 casserole dish, which was the perfect size. The photo shows 2 servings' worth of the recipe, enough for my veggie loving appetite. Thanks for posting. Made for Bargain Basement tag.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4 inch thick strips
- 1 small yellow sweet pepper, cut into 3/4 inch thick strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve zucchini crosswise; slice lengthwise into 1/4" pieces.
- Arrange zucchini and peppers on a 15 X 10 X 1 inch baking pan that has been lined with foil.
- Combine 1 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Brush onto vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until just tender.
- While vegetables are baking, combine 1/3 cup oil, vinegar and garlic in a blender until smooth.
- Stir in parsley.
- Place baked vegetables on a serving dish.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle basil and pine nuts on top.