Recipe by Bergy
This dish is very eye appealing as well as tasty.
Top Review by P
This was WONDERFUL. The jalapenos gave it a nice spicy flavor and it was really beautiful. There were many different flavors. I would serve this at a dinner party because the presentation was great and they were very tasty. Thanks, I will cook this many times I'm sure.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups gouda cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Have a pot of water boiling.
- Drop in the Zucchini and par boil 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and remove seeds.
- Combine the cheese, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro and tomatoes (you can add a bit of the pulp).
- Stuff the zucchinis.
- Broil until cheese etc is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with bacon and crumbs and return to broil for 1 or 2 minutes.