Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish is very eye appealing as well as tasty.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups gouda cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Have a pot of water boiling.
- Drop in the Zucchini and par boil 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and remove seeds.
- Combine the cheese, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro and tomatoes (you can add a bit of the pulp).
- Stuff the zucchinis.
- Broil until cheese etc is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with bacon and crumbs and return to broil for 1 or 2 minutes.
This was WONDERFUL. The jalapenos gave it a nice spicy flavor and it was really beautiful. There were many different flavors. I would serve this at a dinner party because the presentation was great and they were very tasty. Thanks, I will cook this many times I'm sure.
The flavors were great. Everyone commented on how great the zucchini was. I think that mine must be much smaller than yours because I filled 3 and still had filling left over. I will cook some more again tomorrow to finish off the filling. Thanks for posting, this one is a real keeper.
I used 5 small zucchini to use up the filling and tried the cheddar. They were wonderful, even my 6yr. old ate one and she hates zucchini! If time is ever an issue, you can replace the tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and chili with fresh salsa from the deli section. Next time I'll try the gouda!