Recipe by fluffernutter
One of the most fun projects I've worked on is the newest White Castle cookbook, about 2005. There were some amazingly creative and zany recipes. This one sounded like it might be reasonably good. Start it the night before, so the buns can soak up the egg mixture.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Another great party recipe! Fun and creative, and tastes good too. I made half the recipe in a 9x9 pan and it was done baking in 35 minutes. I will be making this again. Made for PAC Spring 08. Thanks for posting fluffernutter.
- 10 White Castle hamburgers
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a greased 9x13-inch pan with hamburgers, removing top buns.
- Layer on the cheese, onion, and zucchini.
- Replace top buns.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, salt and margarine in a large bowl.
- Pour over the hamburgers.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the casserole until set, about 45 minutes.