Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, from Sean Donnellan's "Something Tastes Funny" with recipes by Naidre Miller. This book is geared towards new cooks or non-cooks.
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- roasted red pepper (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Stir in wheat germ, cheese, mushrooms, onion, thyme, rosemary and zucchini. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into 4 patties, 3/4-inch thick.
- In a nonstick saute pan, heat the oil, place in patties, and cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Flip, and cook other side until golden, too, about 3 minutes more.
- Serve with buns and your favorite fixings. Sean Donnellson recommends roasted red peppers. Olive tapenade is another possibility.
Neat recipe. These turned out very nicely, and held their shape, too. I always enjoy new recipes for veggie burgers. Thanks for posting- Roxygirl
FANtAStic!! SO good! I ate it as a patty on it's own with a side of roast potatoes and salad.... i have to say it again, SO GOOD! I did alter it just a bit, as in double the mushrooms and onions, doubled the cheese by adding 1/2 cup cheddar (used hot pepper monty jack too for the extra kick!) :) :) :)