Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from the Barefoot in Paris Cookbook by Ina Garten, 2004.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cups chopped leeks, white and green parts
- 4 cups chopped unpeeled white boiling potatoes (8 smmall)
- 3 cups zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 quarts canned chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- fresh chives or julienned zucchini, for garnish
- Heat the butter or margarine and oil in a large stockpot, add the leeks, and sauté over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, zucchini, vegetable broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- cool for a few minutes and then process through a food mill fitted with the medium disc.
- Add the cream and season to taste.
- Serve either cold or hot, garnished with chopped chives &/or zucchini.