Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
this is simply cheese and vegetables..burrito style..we think they are very good..I like whole wheat tortillas and use reduced fat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking oil, small amount
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 6 -8 large flour tortillas, refrigerated type
- dariy sour cream
- fresh minced parsley
- salsa (optional)
- in large skillet or griddle, saute onion,garlic, zucchini, chilies, basil, oregano,cumin and salt in a tbls of oil over medium heat -- about 5 minutes.
- stir in cheese and wheat germ, stirring until cheese melts and is blended with vegetables.
- have tortillas at room temperature and spoon over vegetable mixture onto center of each, dividing evenly.
- roll as for crepes, long and cigar-shaped.
- fry bundles in small amount of oil until golden., turning once.
- watch carefully, over moderate heat, flour tortillas brown quickly and will burn.
- top with sour cream and minced parsley --
- may be prepared ahead, browned and then chilled.
- reheat in oven at 350* or microwave till heated through.