Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
The zucchini adds some pretty color to these potatoes. Nice blend of flavors. The potatoes can also be baked in the microwave instead of the oven.
- 3 large baking potatoes, about 3/4 lb each
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded, about 2 medium
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Scrub and pierce potatoes.
- Bake at 400°F for 50-75 minutes or until tender.
- Cool until easy to handle.
- Reduce heat to 350°F.
- In a skillet, sauté zucchini and onion in 1 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Scoop out potato pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- Put pulp in bowl and mash.
- Add sour cream, salt, pepper, and remaining butter, mash again.
- Stir in zucchini mixture.
- Spoon into potato shells.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Preparation time is not included in the active work time.
The description sums it up perfectly - the flecks of green let you know this isn't going to be your normal potato. The flavors blend wonderfully - the onion, the zucchini, and potato are just delicious together, perfect for a summer dinner. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe with us.