Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
'The Happy Homemaker blog' shared this recipe with a local morning news show. She serves this with Chipolte Ranch dressing
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and peeled
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- paprika, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425. In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients. Spray 24 mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray. Using a small spoon, evenly distribute the zucchini mix among the cups, filling about halfway & pressing down a little with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 20 minutes.
Fun and tasty way to serve zucchini! I don't care for raw onion so used a little more zucchini and some onion powder. We enjoyed them as-is but I think they would be great dipped in ranch dressing as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
My daughter and I didn't think these were so great. My husband liked them. I didn't put onion. I used a little chopped up green onion and two garlic cloves. No paprika! And a little more than 1 cup zucchini. Barely got 24 mini cups. I tasted the bread crumbs a lot. I think if you used more zucchini, say 2 1/2 cups they would be better. Mine burned a little and they were done at 17 minutes. I think they should be full to the top of the tray. Maybe it wouldn't taste so much like bread crumbs and they wouldn't have cooked so fast. They do look like the fried zucchinis from Carls JR but they certainly didn't taste like them.