Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got his recipe from "Emily Bites". She describes them as a healthy sub for tater tots and her numbers don't lie. These are soft inside and crispy outside. At 27 calories they pretty guilt free (ww = 1 per tot). I omitted the cheese because I didn't have any and they were still SO good. They are also a great way to sneak some veggies into picky kids!
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Mist a mini muffin pan lightly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Fill the tin with the back of the spoon, press to compact.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
I made tonight and really enjoyed them. I actually used 1/4 cup of shredded chedda instead of the parmesan, and I also added 1/4 tsp of minced garlic, maybe 2 tbs of minced red bell pepper, and perhaps a tbs of fresh dill. They really are crisp on the outside and soft inside. Definitely drain your zucchini (wring it in a towel) before mixing this up. We'll be having these again soon.