Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful way to serve zucchini for lunch or supper!
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tostados
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- taco sauce
- Combine zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and green pepper and salt.
- cover and simmer 8-10 minutes, until crisp tender.
- While above is cooking, heat tostados 5 minutes at 350*.
- Put zucchini mixture on top of tostados; top with cheese.
- Place in oven until cheese melts.
- Top with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and taco sauce.
What a wonderful lunch we had today. This is a tasty way to eat your veggies. It really tasted good. It was so easy to prepare, and it took no time at all to cook. I cooked the veggies to a done stage, but still a little crunchy, and I substituted a Pepper Jack cheese (for a slight kick) instead of cheddar. It tasted so good over the tostada shells. Thanks for this great recipe. :-)
Excellant. I did not expect to be so captivated by this simple recipe. I made the recipe as directed except for doubling the veggies which I was going to use the next day. The flavor combination, color and texture was so great that I used the double batch to top 4 tostados. The bonus flavor of the cheese with the toasted corn flavor and crunch of the tostados was so delightful, I added no toppings and DH used only chopped fresh tomatoes. We devoured all 4 servings. I will make this again with the double veggies, more cheese and without the toppings. This is a recipe for my book of treasures.
What a great recipe! I used a soft whole wheat tortilla since I had no corn ones & made a "spicy" taco sauce to liven things up. I didn't use any mushrooms but added some spinach for more nutrients. Some reduced fat mozzarella cheese & fat free sour cream made this a keeper for sure! Thank u for sharing!