Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick low-fat side dish packed with flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, or just until fragrant. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Add zucchini and toss to mix.
- Add the tomato and oregano. Toss well to mix.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the zucchini softens.
- Add the salt & pepper and stir gently to mix.
- Sprinkle with parmesan just before serving.
What a delicious way to serve zucchini - tasty, easy and good for you too? Thank you for a flavorful winner we will be revisiting frequently Bren!! HUGS!!
This is a very tasty and healthy side dish that would go with anything. I used a yellow tomato out of my garden and then topped it with parmigiano-reggiano cheese. I'll be making this one again! Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag 2009* game
Quick, easy & tasty! Thanks for posting!