Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is very easy to make and can be whipped up at the last minute.
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups zucchini, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a medium size sauce pan and cook onions over moderately low heat until softened.
- Add zucchini and saute over moderate heat, stirring for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cover and cook for another 3 minutes.
- When finished stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
Excellent saute. I sliced up yellow squash with the green zucchini to add some color to the saute and then instead of parsley I added cilantro because I love cilantro in everything. It was wonderful and a hit at the dinner table with my family and our guests.
Delicious and so easy! The only difference is that we sliced the zucchini a bit thicker- no biggie. I too love the addition of parsley- so fresh and unique!
I thought this might be bland due to the lack of herbs and spices, but we found it to be very tasty. I used white onions and vine-ripened tomatoes which imparted a lovely sweet flavour. I cut the cooking time by a few minutes in steps 2 & 3 as we like our vegetables to retain some crispness. Will make again!