Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe came from my FIL's girlfriend. She sent me a bunch of zucchini recipes since that wonderful veggie always over-produces. Enjoy. Please feel free to tweak to your personal tastes.
- 6 small zucchini
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 177.44 ml salad oil
- 1 head lettuce
- Wash zucchini and cut in very thin slices. (peel it if you like it that way).
- Combine with tomatoes, green pepper, green onions and parsley in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients except lettuce in another bowl.
- Pour that over the zucchini mixture.
- Chill for several hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce or other greens.
Fun with zucchini time! Terrific, easy salad that begs you to make it your own. I didn't want to waver from the original recipe, although I used red onion instead of the green onion, and spinach instead of lettuce, but the taste was certainly almost the same. I halved this recipe and the dressing too. I sliced the zucchini lengthwise and let it marinate in the dressing with the onion, pepper, and tomato for at least 2 hours prior to serving. Great salad recipe 1hotpotato, will use again and again~