Recipe by 1hotpotato
This recipe came from my FIL's girlfriend. She sent me a bunch of zucchini recipes since that wonderful veggie always over-produces. Enjoy. Please feel free to tweak to your personal tastes.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Fun with zucchini time! Terrific, easy salad that begs you to make it your own. I didn't want to waver from the original recipe, although I used red onion instead of the green onion, and spinach instead of lettuce, but the taste was certainly almost the same. I halved this recipe and the dressing too. I sliced the zucchini lengthwise and let it marinate in the dressing with the onion, pepper, and tomato for at least 2 hours prior to serving. Great salad recipe 1hotpotato, will use again and again~
- 6 small zucchini
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 head lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash zucchini and cut in very thin slices. (peel it if you like it that way).
- Combine with tomatoes, green pepper, green onions and parsley in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients except lettuce in another bowl.
- Pour that over the zucchini mixture.
- Chill for several hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on lettuce or other greens.