A spicy side or main dish (if served over pasta). Very simple to make and low in fat & calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 zucchini, sliced
- 1 -2 yellow squash, sliced
- 3 -4 whole fresh tomatoes, diced or 1 can stewed tomatoes or 1 can diced tomato
- 1 -2 can tomato sauce (this just depends on how much sauce you want)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (I prefer white onions)
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1In a large sauce or soup pan, heat oil and sautee garlic and onion.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients (quantity to taste) and let simmer for a minimum of half an hour (the longer the better) stirring occasionally.
- 3Serve as a side dish or over pasta noodles.
- 4Parmesean cheese sprinkled on top is very tasty but will add to the calories and fat content.
- 5Note: I have never really measured while making this, I just throw it all together for the most part, so please add more or less of every item to your liking.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Tomato Medley (Spicy)
Serving Size: 1 (1648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: