Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A spicy side or main dish (if served over pasta). Very simple to make and low in fat & calories.
Make and share this Zucchini Tomato Medley (Spicy) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 zucchini, sliced
- 1 -2 yellow squash, sliced
- 3 -4 whole fresh tomatoes, diced or 1 can stewed tomatoes or 1 can diced tomato
- 1 -2 can tomato sauce (this just depends on how much sauce you want)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (I prefer white onions)
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- In a large sauce or soup pan, heat oil and sautee garlic and onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients (quantity to taste) and let simmer for a minimum of half an hour (the longer the better) stirring occasionally.
- Serve as a side dish or over pasta noodles.
- Parmesean cheese sprinkled on top is very tasty but will add to the calories and fat content.
- Note: I have never really measured while making this, I just throw it all together for the most part, so please add more or less of every item to your liking.