Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A spicy side or main dish (if served over pasta). Very simple to make and low in fat & calories.
Make and share this Zucchini Tomato Medley (Spicy) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 zucchini, sliced
- 1 -2 yellow squash, sliced
- 3 -4 whole fresh tomatoes, diced or 1 can stewed tomatoes or 1 can diced tomato
- 1 -2 can tomato sauce (this just depends on how much sauce you want)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (I prefer white onions)
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, diced (optional)
- In a large sauce or soup pan, heat oil and sautee garlic and onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients (quantity to taste) and let simmer for a minimum of half an hour (the longer the better) stirring occasionally.
- Serve as a side dish or over pasta noodles.
- Parmesean cheese sprinkled on top is very tasty but will add to the calories and fat content.
- Note: I have never really measured while making this, I just throw it all together for the most part, so please add more or less of every item to your liking.
We didn't have the squash on hand, used fresh tomatoes and 2 cans sauce and 1 tbsp red pepper flakes. Served over pasta and found this to be spicy but we like spice but still just an okay dish.