Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped or sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Cover bottom of pan with layer of zucchini, followed by tomatoes, then onions.
- Season with salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Continue to layer in baking dish until all ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake gratine, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Variations: Add chopped fresh herbs such as basil, oregano or summer savory to the layers.
- Add minced garlic.
- Grate 12 ounces of cheese, such as cheddar, fontina, mozzarella or parmesan, and layer it with vegetables.