Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Bon Appétit | February 2000
Make and share this Zucchini-Tomato Frittata Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread or 8 slices wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons tapenade
- 1 large bunch arugula, trimmed
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Heat oil in 9-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Spread vegetables in even layer in skillet. Add egg mixture to skillet; reduce heat to low and cook 2 minutes. Cover and cook until top of egg mixture is set, about 3 minutes longer. Run spatula around sides of skillet to loosen frittata, then slide out onto plate. Cut frittata into 4 wedges.
- Place 4 bread slices on work surface. Spread each with § tablespoon tapenade. Top each with some arugula, then 1 frittata wedge. Top with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches crosswise in half and serve.