Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced vidalia onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and chives.
- Set aside.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Cook half the zucchini slices until tender, about 3 minutes, then move them to a small bowl.
- Repeat with the rest of the zucchini and reserve.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the onions, tomato and garlic for 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender.
- Return the zucchini to the skillet, evenly distributing it.
- Add the egg mixture, and cook for 3 minutes, or until the bottom of the frittata is just set.
- Place the frittata in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it is completely set and golden brown.
- Invert it onto a plate, cut into slices and serve.
At first bite, I thought WOW, what great flavor!! I used my garden tomatoes, two cloves of garlic and parmigiano-reggiano cheese. This is very easy to make. I only had problems plating it as I don't own any non-stick skillets. I know I'll get that problem taken care of as I'm going to be making this many times to come!!! Made for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup 2009* game