1/4 Photos of Zucchini-Tomato Frittata
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced vidalia onion
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and chives.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a 10-inch ovenproof non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- 5Cook half the zucchini slices until tender, about 3 minutes, then move them to a small bowl.
- 6Repeat with the rest of the zucchini and reserve.
- 7Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the onions, tomato and garlic for 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender.
- 8Return the zucchini to the skillet, evenly distributing it.
- 9Add the egg mixture, and cook for 3 minutes, or until the bottom of the frittata is just set.
- 10Place the frittata in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it is completely set and golden brown.
- 11Invert it onto a plate, cut into slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini-Tomato Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 188.7 mg
- Sodium 269.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g