From *Sunday Roasts*, this recipe is similar to 2 others posted on food.com, but has the extra added incentive of Parmesan (although I used Romano instead) and pine nuts (I substituted chopped walnuts, both because they're less expensive and because the pine nuts that one gets in our little town tend to be stale). Serves 2 as a main dish, 4 as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 2 lbs zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 1 lb tomato, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 6 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- fresh basil, to taste
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2In a large frying pan heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan and saute zucchini slices for four minutes on each side. You may need to do this in batches. Season the slices with salt and pepper as soon as you remove them from the pan.
- 3In a 2-quart oval baking dish, layer tomatoes with zucchini slices (vertical layering!).
- 4Combine the panko crumbs with cheese and sprinkle on top of the vegetables. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and top with pine nuts.
- 5Bake for 25 minutes and garnish with chiffonade of basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini, Tomato & Feta Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 364.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g