This colourful "summer vegetable" gratin, by Todd Clarmo (a guest chef on my favourite Canadian talk show), can be served as a side dish or vegetarians will enjoy as an entree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, peeled &,sliced
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 6 ounces black olives, pitted &,roughly chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into wide strips
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1Saute onion in 2 oz of the oil over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic, thyme, chili flakes, salt& pepper and continue cooking until onions are until golden brown& semi soft (about 5 more mins).
- 3Remove from the heat, let cool& add olives.
- 4In a bowl, toss zucchini with basil& 2 oz of olive oil.
- 5Layer the onion/olive mixture evenly in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch casserole dish.
- 6Start alternating the zucchini mixture and the tomatoes/red peppers in layers on top of the onion mixture.
- 7Season each layer with salt& pepper to taste.
- 8Mix bread crumbs, parmesan& parsley in a bowl; sprinkle over top of vegetables.
- 9Bake in preheated 375F oven for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini, Tomato & Black Olive Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.0
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 1329.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers