Recipe by mums the word
Melted Swiss Cheese and sour cream make this a lovely side dish. I found this in TOH Healthy Cooking 2009 submitted by Tina Repak of Pennsylvania
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze water from shredded zucchini and blot with paper towels.
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the zucchini, tomatoes, 1/2 C of the Swiss Cheese, sour cream and seasonings, mix gently.
- (I skipped this step and just added right to the baking dish).
- Transfer to a greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and the remaining Swiss Cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 25-30 minutes.