Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 1 lb eggplant, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups of thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped fresh fennel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange eggplant, zucchini, and mushroom in 9-inch square baking dish. Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, fennel, and garlic 3 to 4 minutes until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, and sugar.
- Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until sauce thickens; pour sauce over eggplant mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes cool slightly before serving.