Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the Knoxville News Sentinel, 7/16/08. Looks great and I can't wait to try it!
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 8 ounces zucchini, cut thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 32 inches flour tortillas
- Spray a nonstick skillet and heat over medium high. Add onion and cook 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add zucchini, salt, and thyme and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Wipe pan clean and place bak on heat. Add a tortilla and top half with 1/4 of the cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 of the tomatoes over cheese and top with 1/4 of the zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with 1 T parmesan.
- Fold tortilla over and press lightly with palm.
- Cook 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly browned. Turn over and cook another 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and serve.
Very very good Quesadillas. They kept reminding me of Napoleon Dynamite saying 'Come and get your quesadilla!' - I digress - I liked the flavors of the zucchini and red onion together. I did not like the tomato part, so I left it off. Also, I added some shredded pepper jack cheese to give it some spice. I liked it very much that way. Great idea. Made and Reviewed for Veg*N Swap 7 - Thanks! :)
Made these tonight, wanting something different and veggie-friendly. I'm not sure where I went wrong, but I'm going to assume it's 90% chef error -- :roll: -- and therefore not leave a star rating (I should really know by now to NOT cook when I'm under the weather!). I've never attempted quesadillas before, so I had trouble with the mechanics -- getting the timing and filling amounts just right. I also made the mistake of using "salsa" flavored tortillas, thinking that this would add flavor... well, it *did*... but not in a way I liked. One thing I do know is that when I try to make these again, I will replace the thyme with oregano or basil, out of sheer preference for how the flavor blends with tomatoes and zucchini. I will also try shredding the zucchini, to see if maybe that'll make the filling easier to work with. Thanks for sharing!
A very nice way to have zucchini! I scaled this down for one tortilla and had this for dinner with a salad. Needed just a little something, so salsa was added. Great! Thanks!