Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I find that this dish needs a few herbs added I usually will try Italian herbs, or oregano, or coriander - I leave it up to you or have it plain as is
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 6 cups zucchini
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- Saute the onions in the oil until almost tender.
- Add zucchinis until just heated through.
- Add tomatoes and finally the tofu.
- Serve over rice or it is great with noodles.
Very pleasant stirfry which everyone enjoyed. Definitely needs the herbs - I had fresh coriander and lemon balm available. This recipe may even be better if the tofu is marinated and baked first.
This was very good. I sauteed the onions until they were caramelized which gave the entire dish a bit of sweetness. Added a good Italian seasoning, some garlic, and used halved cherry tomatoes to make it look pretty. Marinated the tofu in a balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing and put it in the freezer. It was nice and firm and stayed cubed throughout the stir fry. Served it over basmati rice.
Really great recipe that I'll use again. I added garlic and some Italian spices. Great breakfast. Thanks!