Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Quick and easy- hot and cheesy! Seasonings, bacon and two cheeses make this a really yummy side that is sure to please the pickiest people! Southern women will add bacon and cheese to any healthy veggie!
Top Review by breezermom
Delicious! I tasted before adding the cheese, and it was perfect just like that. So I saved the fat and calories and ate it without the cheese. Just perfect. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel. (I use turkey bacon and a little cooking spray but you can use any kind you choose).
- Drain grease from pan leaving just a light coating.
- Slice zucchini and add to pan.
- Add basil, salt and pepper and sautee until crisp tender - or softer if you like.
- Add onion, bacon and cheeses and heat just until cheese to begin to melt.
- If you like you can put it under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the cheese.