Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a big hit with my family. Even the kids love it! I got it out of "The Low Blood Sugar Cookbook", so it's lo carb and great for diabetics. It's so easy to throw together and dinner is served in no time.I serve it as a main dish with a salad and garlic bread. Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except the parmesan cheese in a skillet, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- Uncover and cook about 5 minutes, stir frequently until just tender.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and serve.
I made this as written other then I forgot to add the salt. This was good and tasty. We all enjoyed it.
This was such a wonderful zucchini dish, and a breeze to prepare. The flavors of all the sauteed vegetables was quite nice. Although the overall flavor was sensational as is, I would probably add a little minced garlic the next time I make this (only because we like garlic on just about everything). Thanks for sharing your recipe, LI-Ray. Made for the "Best of 2011" tag game.
I omitted the celery but other than that followed the recipe. I love the mix of flavors. It's so yummy and healthy. Thanks LI-Ray :) Made for I recommend tag game