1/2 Photos of Zucchini Terrine
1 hr 15 mins
From 'Femme Actuelle' women's magazine in France, Sophie Dudemaine's recipe. I'm posting the original recipe as written but I didn't use all zucchini, I used part grated carrot and a big handful of chopped chicken too. For herbs, I used fresh basil and parsley. For cheese, I used half feta and half Swiss, as that was what I had in the house. This would be a very forgiving recipe and lots of different things could be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C, or about 375°F.
- 2Sauteé the vegetables for about 15 minutes in a little olive oil if you like., If not, just cook and stir.
- 3In a big bowl, beat the eggs, with the evaporated milk.
- 4Add the cheese and herbs.
- 5Add the cooked vegetables and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Grease a loaf pan or two, depending on the size you use. I used one standard and had enough for one small loaf pan too. Be careful to leave half an inch of space, I had some dripping problems in the oven.
- 7I cooked the small pan for about a half an hour, and the large pan for about 55 minutes. Test with a point of a knife that should come out clean.
- 8Unmold while still warm.
- 9May be eaten hot, warm or cold. I may serve with a light tomato sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Terrine
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 193.7 mg
- Sodium 127.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: