Recipe by evelyn/athens
Coffee or tea - it doesn't matter. This moist loaf tastes good with anything!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Wonderful zuchinni cake Evelyn! I made this today to give to my son and his fiance (they both love zuchinni) I did however weight it for more than 1 hour, it was more like half a day, as I when out for about 4 hours, then came home and prepared it as stated, I added in 1/2 tsp cinnamon also. This cake turned out so good, I gave half to my son, and DH and myself had the rest with our evening coffee, we even have a piece for breakfast! thank you so much for suggesting this recipe Evelyn, we all enjoyed it so much, it's a keeper for sure!...Kittencal:)
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemons, zest of
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix zucchini and salt in colander.
- Weight with plate and let drain 1 hour.
- Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 13 X 9 inch pyrex baking dish.
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs, ½ cup honey (if you measure out the oil before measuring out the honey, it will be easier to get the honey out of the measuring cup since it will have a film of oil in it), lemon juice and zest in large bowl until well-blended.
- Mix in zucchini.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder; stir into zucchini mixture.
- Do not overblend.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake until springy to touch, about 30-35 minutes.
- Spread 2 tblsps honey over top.
- Cool in pan and serve at room temperature.