1/4 Photos of Zucchini Tart
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A great summer dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the zucchini, sprinkle it with salt and toss well .
- 2Place in a colander to drain for 30 minutes .
- 3Over a bowl, squeeze the zucchini and save liquid .
- 4Preheat oven to 350 .
- 5In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat .
- 6Add the onion, garlic and zucchini and cook for 10 minutes .
- 7Add the flour and tarragon and cook over medium low heat for 5 more minutes .
- 8Stir in the reserved zucchini liquid and cook until thickened .
- 9Cool to lukewarm .
- 10In a small bowl beat the egg with the milk .
- 11Stir it into the zucchini mixture along with the cheeses .
- 12Mix well and spoon into the baked pie shell.
- 13Bake at 350 for 35 minutes .
- 14I should be puffy and golden on color .
- 15This is nice served with a tomato corn salad topped with pesto or balsamic dressing .
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Tart
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.9
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 798.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g