Chef #1289564's Note:
We really enjoy this during zucchini season. My family named it when I first made and served it. It is easily done in one skillet and can be served as soup (with the juices) or main dish as it includes meat and veggies. When I lived in Texas, I included okra as one of the vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium zucchini (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes, or
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt (adjust according to taste desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Brown ground beef in large skillet. Drain off fat.
- 2Cut vegetables in bite size pieces, 1/2 to 1 inch size.
- 3Add zucchini, onion, pepper and tomatoes, squeezing tomato peices to start bringing out the juice.
- 4Sprinkle with salt seasoning and stir.
- 5Cover, bring to a simmer and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally; It makes it's own juice.
- 6Serve in a soup bowl if you like the juice with it, or use a slotted spoon to serve without juice.
- 7Sprinkle with shredded cheese and/or parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Surprise
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 355.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: