Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
People devour this whenever I serve it. Great for a potluck.
- 4 medium zucchini, slice 1/2 ",thick
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups stuffing cubes, divided
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Cook zucchini in a little boiling salted water until just tender.
- Drain and set zucchini aside.
- In saucepan, cook carrot and onion in 4 tablespoons of butter until tender.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of stuffing cubes, the soup, and the sour cream.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Transfer to a buttered casserole dish.
- Melt remaining 2 T.
- of butter and mix with remaining 3/4 cup of stuffing cubes.
- Place mixture on top of casserole.
- Bake casserole in 350 oven for 30 minutes.
This was fantastic, but I did so much extra to it I don't know if it was really this recipe... I doubled the recipe and added about 2 cups of cheese, to the mix and on top. I also added chopped celery and a small can of cream of celery and the LARGE can of cream of chicken.
Sorry, but we thought this was just ok. Thought I would try it with cream of mushroom soup next time. Thanks for sharing.
I've been making this for years! It's delicious! One of our favorites!