Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Make using one Dish. Very easy and will modify quickly to families taste buds without ruining recipe. Have been making for 30 years so haven't a clue where it came from anymore...is always a hit in this family....hope you enjoy it too.
- 3 small zucchini (9-inch or equivalent)
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, fine (your own or seasoned boxed)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (can sub Romano or blend)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, chopped (roasted or not)
- oil, enough to coat (preferably olive)
- Take a casserole dish (I use 4 quart but can be any shape or size).
- Dice zucchini add to dish toss in onion, bread crumbs, grated cheese, garlic, oregano and pepper and mix well pour in oil and coat just to moisten crumbs-- not so it is sitting in oil.
- Mix til blended.
- Cover bake at 350°F for 55 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Now please modify ingredients to your tastes this is a one step and dish, side dish-- can be served as stuffing or vegetable.
- It is really easy and a different fling to zucchini.
This turned out a bit soggy and slightly bitter - and definitely tasted like zucchini to my 2 kids, who vetoed it. Too bad; I thought they actully liked veggies.
This was really good! I had 3 medium zucchinis from a trip to the farmer's market (I get zucchini almost every time I go), and I didn't want to make any more zucchini bread. I used seasoned breadcrumbs and probably about 1 tsp. oregano and several cranks of fresh ground black pepper. I cut my zucchini into half circles, instead of cutting it small, because I was serving it as a side dish to Recipe #433598 and Recipe #43469, so I wanted the zucchini to be the star. Instead of using olive oil, I sprayed an 8x8 glass dish with cooking spray, poured it all in, and put small pats of Brummel & Brown butter on top before baking. At the last 10 minutes, I upped the temp to 375, and put some mozzarella on top. It was great. Thanks for posting this!
Excellent!! We are big zucchini fans in my house, so this was a hit. I sprinkled a little low-fat mozzarella on top at the end of baking and it was delicious.