Make using one Dish. Very easy and will modify quickly to families taste buds without ruining recipe. Have been making for 30 years so haven't a clue where it came from anymore...is always a hit in this family....hope you enjoy it too.
- Take a casserole dish (I use 4 quart but can be any shape or size).
- Dice zucchini add to dish toss in onion, bread crumbs, grated cheese, garlic, oregano and pepper and mix well pour in oil and coat just to moisten crumbs-- not so it is sitting in oil.
- Mix til blended.
- Cover bake at 350°F for 55 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Now please modify ingredients to your tastes this is a one step and dish, side dish-- can be served as stuffing or vegetable.
- It is really easy and a different fling to zucchini.
This turned out a bit soggy and slightly bitter - and definitely tasted like zucchini to my 2 kids, who vetoed it. Too bad; I thought they actully liked veggies.
Excellent!! We are big zucchini fans in my house, so this was a hit. I sprinkled a little low-fat mozzarella on top at the end of baking and it was delicious.
This was really good! I had 3 medium zucchinis from a trip to the farmer's market (I get zucchini almost every time I go), and I didn't want to make any more zucchini bread. I used seasoned breadcrumbs and probably about 1 tsp. oregano and several cranks of fresh ground black pepper. I cut my zucchini into half circles, instead of cutting it small, because I was serving it as a side dish to 5-Spice Tilapia and Sweet Potato Fries, so I wanted the zucchini to be the star. Instead of using olive oil, I sprayed an 8x8 glass dish with cooking spray, poured it all in, and put small pats of Brummel & Brown butter on top before baking. At the last 10 minutes, I upped the temp to 375, and put some mozzarella on top. It was great. Thanks for posting this!