Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "What's for Dinner?" by Edith Stovel
- 4 small zucchini
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise, remove the seeds, and arrange in a greased ovenproof dish.
- In a large skillet, saute the onions in the oil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large saucepan, simmer the corn and tomatoes for 10 minutes. Let cool, then stir in the egg, bread crumbs, marjoram, and the reserved onions.
- Spoon the filling into the zucchini and bake for 40 minutes.
Made for Spring PAC 2013 and followed the instructions (maybe a little less onion). Everyone enjoyed this but it wasn't their favorite dish of the night. I am going to try this again for DH and I will use some fresh dried breadcrumbs and a little garlic. Definately, I will be making this again. Thank you for posting.