Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was past on to me by a gentleman friend who is a fine cook.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into small chunks
- 10 mint leaves, rough chop
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped (pecans are o.k.)
- Scoop out zucchini flesh leaving a firm shell and set aside.
- Sprinkle shells lightly with salt, turn upside down and allow to drain about 20 minutes. Set oven at 350 degrees.
- Puree zucchini flesh, add onion and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Dry shells and stuff with puree. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until just turning brown.
- In small well of food processor or blender, put cheese, mint leaves and 1 tsp olive oil. Pulse, forming a shiny paste. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread on warm stuffing. Sprinkle with cumin and walnuts and serve immediately.
I have a similar recipe but mine has some curry powder to taste and no nuts. Just a variation.