Recipe by Geema
This recipe is one of only a handful of ways that I will eat zucchini. Corn, cheese and zucchini are just made for each other...a perfect combination for summer time meals. I don't bake this too long because I like it to just be crisp-tender.
- 2 long zucchini
- 1 cup corn kernel, fresh or frozen
- 2⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons scallions
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch squash in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Place under cold water and drain.
- Halve and scoop out the seeds, forming a hollow boat.
- Coarsely puree the corn, chives and ricotta cheese in a food processor and season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Fill the squash halves with the mixture, mounding slightly.
- Cover with the grated cheese.
- Place in a buttered casserole and bake, covered, in a preheated 350 degree F.
- oven for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes more or longer until the squash is tender and the topping is browned.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro.