Recipe by Whisper
Here's another delicious way to serve your home grown goodies! Also from Thru the Grapevine cookbook.
- 4 tomatoes (uniform in size)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a thin slice from each tomato top; scoop out pulp and chop, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- In skillet, melt butter, then add tomato pulp and all remaining ingredients, except croutons.
- Cook about 10 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in croutons.
- Fill tomato shells with mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.